16 September 2012

Cakery Bakes

I thought it was about time to update my Bloggle, its been neglected for far too long & I have pledged to keep it up to date. Over my next few posts I am going to share with you some of my favourite bakes that I've created for friends and family, with one or two requests from friends of friends. So here goes...


Last Christmas a close friend of mine was having her son christened so I offered to make his cake as a present. I love doing this probably because I get carte blanche on how the cakes can be decorated. I of course asked my dear friend if she had anything in mind, she said anything goes. Huzzah! So, being near to Christmas a penguin family was created, cakes made and decorated along with 24 snowflake cupcakes.

The large cake was made of three layers of lemon drizzle sponge sandwiched together with lemon buttercream. I placed the penguin family on icebergs made from blending together white and pale blue sugarpaste. The snowflake cupcakes were simple but delicious vanilla cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream with sugarpaste decorations.





No comments:

Post a Comment