26 September 2012

Cakery Bakes

Seeing as Halloween is coming up quite soon I wanted to share with you what I made for my son's party last year. I had great fun playing around with making spooky things, but didn't want to scare a house full of 3 year olds!

Black Velvet




These black velvets went down a treat with the adults that came to the party, they are simply a red velvet cake with black food colouring topped off with blood red cream cheese frosting. I opted for bat decorations that I bought at my local cake suppliers (Items for Sugarcraft in Kenley) to finish off the rose piping.











Witches Fingers & Gingerbread Skeletons
These Witches fingers were dripping with royal icing blood & I think the almond that I used for the gnarly nail made them look particularly gory! Both the skeletons and fingers were made from gingerbread with a good kick of ginger to warm things up a bit and iced with royal icing.





Vanilla Mummy Cupcakes

All the children loved these Mummy cupcakes! They were simple vanilla cupcakes with piped frosting & a black sugarpaste disc for the spooky face, they were a big hit with the children.








Rainbow Cake






The last bake that I'm going to share with you is this rainbow cake, it was my first multi-coloured cake & I was very happy with the result- a definite wow factor when the cake was cut! I decided against the traditional spread of colours and went for a random order, a 7 layer cake is on my to do list so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment